Upgrade to the latest version of Clinical & Pracsoft
Click the button below to select the upgrade file you need to get on the latest version of Clinical & Pracsoft.
What’s New in Clinical
- Two additional custom template buttons on the patient dashboard, allowing you to create your favourite template shortcuts
- Switch seamlessly between Pracsoft/Bluechip and Clinical, with a single click
- Collaborate more efficiently within your practice with new functionality in Messenger
- Ability to re-print lost pathology requests
- Ability to search for deceased patients and recalls for inactive patients
What’s New in Pracsoft
- 24 additional custom appointment types and icons have been added to enable the customisation of your appointment book. This will help you to quickly identify the reason for a patient’s visit which can assist with workflow efficiency.
- View the patient’s appointment time in the Waiting Room to understand how early or late patients arrive.
- Collaborate more efficiently within your practice with new functionality in Messenger.
November 2019 MBS and DVA Fee updates
13 November, 2019
MedicalDirector is pleased to provide the November 2019 MBS fee and DVA updates.
The following changes will take effect from the 1st of November 2019.
How to Activate new MBS fees
- Download November 2019 MBS Fees update to an easy to find location on your computer
- Open the file in the location folder and double-click on the MBS Fee to begin extraction. If prompted with a Windows Security Warning popup, click the Run
- You will be prompted that the MBSfile has been extracted successfully to the default location ((C:\ProgramFiles\Health Communication Network\Common\HCNInstMngr).
- Open Pracsoft.
- Select Setup > Fee Columns. The Fee Column Configuration window appears.
- Click Import Fees, the MBS fee Import window appears.
- Click browse and click next and follow the prompts to update the fee table.
- Once successfully imported, a message will appear on screen
- Any Fees Columns that have been generated by the surgery that include formulas will need to be recalculated.
Click here for detailed instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I perform this update while people at the practice are working on Pracsoft?
A. Yes, you can do the upgrade at any time and it will not impact anyone currently working on Pracsoft. The upgrade will be applied automatically and instantly for all Pracsoft users.
Q. Do I have to apply this update on all my computers at the practice?
A. You only need to run this upgrade on one computer and this can be any machine in the practice, no need to do it on the server.
Q. How can I confirm the upgrade has worked?
A. You can check one of the updated item numbers against the new price values provided on http://www.mbsonline.gov.au and https://www.dva.gov.au/providers/fees-schedules.
Q. Will this upgrade overwrite my custom or health fund item numbers?
A. No, this will only update the fees in the MBS schedule that have been updated by Medicare, it will not alter any other custom or health fund fees you may have.
Any Fees Columns that have been generated by the surgery that include formulas will need to be recalculated.
Q: Will this update remove Deleted MBS Items?
A. No, deleted items have not been removed from the attached fee list for practices that require retrospective billing. Click to learn how to delete MBS fees
Q: Will this update change amended fee descriptions?
A. No, this update will not update amended fee descriptions. Click to learn how to modify MBS fees
If you have any questions or you experience any problems applying this update, please contact MedicalDirector Customer Care on 1300 300 161 or log an online enquiry.