Upgrade to the latest version of Clinical & Pracsoft
⚠️ This is a non-critical software upgrade – you may nominate to skip this upgrade.
Medicare Web Services is a Government-led initiative that will replace the current national infrastructure and will affect Medicare Online, DVA, the Australian Immunisation Register, and more. These later upgrades will be critically important in enabling practices to continue to access Medicare services.
Take advantage of the latest features in MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 4.1
- Scan barcodes on vaccine vials to auto-populate batch numbers and serial numbers in Clinical
- Updated MedicalDirector Password security policies for improved security of patient data
- When transmitting an electronic paperless prescription, the transfer method and details are now recorded automatically to Progress Notes
- Two new appointment types have been added to the default appointment type list to support the Covid-19 Vaccine rollout; “Covid-19 Vaccine 1” (Ctrl+1) and “Covid-19 Vaccine 2” (Ctrl+2)
- Incentive items will no longer automatically apply to Covid Vaccine billing item numbers
Pracsoft MBS & DVA Fee Updates
An updated March, 2022 Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) and Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) file is now available to download below.
From 1 March 2022 there will be a number of changes to the MBS. These changes include implement the Government’s response to recommendations form the MBS Review Taskforce (the Taskforce) regarding pain management, anaesthesia, gynaecological and midwifery services. There will also be changes to Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation services and a fee alignment for GP and OMP telehealth and telephone services.
This updated fee file includes amended changes to the MBS fee file made on 25-02-2022, as well as the DVA fees published 09-03-2022. Read the full details on the MBS website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I perform this update while people at the practice are working on Pracsoft?
A. Yes, you can do the upgrade at any time and it will not impact anyone currently working on Pracsoft. The upgrade will be applied automatically and instantly for all Pracsoft users.
Q. Do I have to apply this update on all my computers at the practice?
A. You only need to run this upgrade on one computer and this can be any machine in the practice, no need to do it on the server.
Q. How can I confirm the upgrade has worked?
A. You can check one of the updated item numbers against the new price values provided on www.mbsonline.gov.au and https://www.dva.gov.au/providers/fees-schedules.
Q. Will this upgrade overwrite my custom or health fund item numbers?
A. No, this will only update the fees in the MBS schedule that have been updated by Medicare, it will not alter any other custom or health fund fees you may have.
Any Fees Columns that have been generated by the surgery that include formulas will need to be recalculated.
Q: Will this update remove Deleted MBS Items?
A. No, deleted items have not been removed from the attached fee list for practices that require retrospective billing. Click to learn how to delete MBS fees
Q: Will this update change amended fee descriptions?
A. No, this update will not update amended fee descriptions. Click to learn how to modify MBS fees
If you have any questions or you experience any problems applying this update, please contact MedicalDirector Customer Care on 1300 300 161 or log an online enquiry.
MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 4.0a patch
25 January, 2021
- Enabled ScriptCheck SA for South Australian Sites.
- Fixed an issue that could cause MDref Explorer to fail to launch in certain situations.
- Appointment book highlighted cell colour changed to a lighter shade of purple for easier readability.
- After pasting a cut appointment in the appointment book the “Made by:” name now correctly reflects the name of the person who performed the cut/paste.
Do I need to perform this fix?
Only if you are affected by any of the issues addressed in this fix, outlined above. Otherwise, no, you do not need to apply this fix.
Do I need to shut my clinic down for this fix?
No. This fix can be applied to a single workstation where required, or to all workstations one by one. Please ensure Clinical and Pracsoft are closed on the workstation when applying the fix.
Do I need to update my server first?
No. It is fine to have your server/s and workstation/s running Clinical 4.0 and 4.0a concurrently. They are all compatible.
If I am in South Australia, do I need the RTPM update?
No, not immediately. There is a 12 month phase-in period beginning in March 2021 to be RTPM compliant. MedicalDirector will have at least one more major release before then.