July 2019 MBS Fee updates
The July MBS Fee Update is currently being finalising.
We will be communicating to our practices via email and social media once the update is ready for download.
For customers the upgrade will be available on the following page shortly.
MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 3.18 Update
MedicalDirector is pleased to provide your practice with the new MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 3.18 update, which will provide you with the latest features and functionality to enhance performance, give you the ability to reprint lost pathology requests, keep your practice up to date with the latest National Immunisation Program (NIP) Childhood Schedule.
Key Benefits of the new MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 3.18
- Enhanced performance– Reduce the time taken when opening a patient file by up to 2 seconds per patient, which equates to a 28%* performance improvement.
- Reprint Pathology Requests– Providing the convenience and ability to reuse or reprint pathology requests with one simple click.
- Switch seamlessly between Clinical and Pracsoft/Bluechip – Experience single sign-on from Clinical to Pracsoft/Bluechip.
- Updated National Immunisation Program (NIP) childhood schedule– Enable you to administer the right immunisations at the right time, to provide the best possible protection for your patients.
- New Online Directory Search facility available via Address book – Provides you access to an extensive and up to date real time national database of healthcare providers powered by HealthLink.
- High-risk medication alerts with SafeScript– Safecsript alerts provide you with detailed information of patients on high risk prescription medicine, during the normal prescribing workflow. SafeScript is part of the new initiative by the Victorian Government on Real-Time Prescribing Monitoring (RTPM) legislation, which will facilitate the early identification, treatment and support for patients who are developing signs of dependence. SafeScript is currently only available for practices in Victoria.
*Based on readings for different versions taken from same the workstation. 1 Server connected to 3 workstations. Data was read from one workstation only. Server: 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM | Workstation: 3.6 GHz, 4 GB RAM
- Visual Update for Desktop Icons – MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft now reflects our new branding with a visual update to our Clinical tools and in application logo’s.
MBS March 2019 Fee Update
MedicalDirector is pleased to provide the MBS March 2019 fee update.
The following changes will take effect from the 1st of March 2019.
The MBS Fee List contains a multitude of items that may not be relevant to all practices. To help sites maintain a list containing only your required fees, items are not automatically added to the active fee list.
How to Activate New MBS Item Numbers
- Open Pracsoft
- Select Admin > Fees
- Click Add Item
- Enter the item number (e.g. 90001) and press the TAB key.
- You may be prompted with a message: “The Description has been truncated. Please enter a shorter description.”
- Click OK – the description will automatically be truncated for you
- Repeat for any other items required
For a step by step guide on how to update MBS Health Fees click here.
If you have any questions or you experience any problems applying this update, please contact MedicalDirector Customer Care on 1300 788 802 or log an online inquiry.