MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 3.18 Update
MedicalDirector is pleased to provide your practice with the new MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 3.18 update, which will provide you with the latest features and functionality to enhance performance, give you the ability to reprint lost pathology requests, keep your practice up to date with the latest National Immunisation Program (NIP) Childhood Schedule.
Key Benefits of the new MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 3.18
- Enhanced performance– Reduce the time taken when opening a patient file by up to 2 seconds per patient, which equates to a 28%* performance improvement.
- Reprint Pathology Requests– Providing the convenience and ability to reuse or reprint pathology requests with one simple click.
- Switch seamlessly between Clinical and Pracsoft/Bluechip – Experience single sign-on from Clinical to Pracsoft/Bluechip.
- Updated National Immunisation Program (NIP) childhood schedule– Enable you to administer the right immunisations at the right time, to provide the best possible protection for your patients.
- New Online Directory Search facility available via Address book – Provides you access to an extensive and up to date real time national database of healthcare providers powered by HealthLink.
- High-risk medication alerts with SafeScript– Safecsript alerts provide you with detailed information of patients on high risk prescription medicine, during the normal prescribing workflow. SafeScript is part of the new initiative by the Victorian Government on Real-Time Prescribing Monitoring (RTPM) legislation, which will facilitate the early identification, treatment and support for patients who are developing signs of dependence. SafeScript is currently only available for practices in Victoria.
*Based on readings for different versions taken from same the workstation. 1 Server connected to 3 workstations. Data was read from one workstation only. Server: 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM | Workstation: 3.6 GHz, 4 GB RAM
- Visual Update for Desktop Icons – MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft now reflects our new branding with a visual update to our Clinical tools and in application logo’s.
July 2019 MBS and DVA Fee updates
The following changes will take effect from the 1st of July 2019.
How to Activate new MBS fees
- Download July 2019 MBS Fees update to an easy to find location on your computer
- Open the file in the location folder and double-click on the MBS Fee to begin extraction. If prompted with a Windows Security Warning popup, click the Run
- You will be prompted that the MBSfile has been extracted successfully to the default location ((C:\ProgramFiles\Health Communication Network\Common\HCNInstMngr).
- Open Pracsoft.
- Select Setup > Fee Columns. The Fee Column Configuration window appears.
- Click Import Fees, the MBS fee Import window appears.
- Click browse and click next and follow the prompts to update the fee table.
- Once successfully imported, a message will appear on screen
- Any Fees Columns that have been generated by the surgery that include formulas will need to be recalculated.
Click here for detailed instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I perform this update while people at the practice are working on Pracsoft?
A. Yes, you can do the upgrade at any time and it will not impact anyone currently working on Pracsoft. The upgrade will be applied automatically and instantly for all Pracsoft users.
Q. Do I have to apply this update on all my computers at the practice?
A. You only need to run this upgrade on one computer and this can be any machine in the practice, no need to do it on the server.
Q. How can I confirm the upgrade has worked?
A. You can check one of the updated item numbers against the new price values provided on http://www.mbsonline.gov.au and https://www.dva.gov.au/providers/fees-schedules.
Q. Will this upgrade overwrite my custom or health fund item numbers?
A. No, this will only update the fees in the MBS schedule that have been updated by Medicare, it will not alter any other custom or health fund fees you may have.
Any Fees Columns that have been generated by the surgery that include formulas will need to be recalculated.
Q: Will this update remove Deleted MBS Items?
A. No, deleted items have not been removed from the attached fee list for practices that require retrospective billing. Click to learn how to delete MBS fees
Q: Will this update change amended fee descriptions?
A. No, this update will not update amended fee descriptions. Click to learn how to modify MBS fees
If you have any questions or you experience any problems applying this update, please contact MedicalDirector Customer Care on 1300 788 802 or log an online enquiry.