Upgrade to the latest version of Clinical & Pracsoft
This software upgrade is critically important, as from 1 February, 2021, a prescription that does not comply with Active Ingredient Prescribing legislation will not be valid for PBS/RPBS subsidy.
Take advantage of the latest features in MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 4.0
- ePrescribing and Active Ingredient Prescribing functionality is now available
- Create custom reports for your practice with new advanced search functionality in the patient search window
- Improve front desk inefficiencies by automatically verifying OPV and OVV while patients are being added to the Waiting Room
- Save paper by providing patients with an email with their invoice, receipt and reports from Pracsoft as PDF attachment
MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 4.0a patch
25 January, 2021
- Enabled ScriptCheck SA for South Australian Sites.
- Fixed an issue that could cause MDref Explorer to fail to launch in certain situations.
- Appointment book highlighted cell colour changed to a lighter shade of purple for easier readability.
- After pasting a cut appointment in the appointment book the “Made by:” name now correctly reflects the name of the person who performed the cut/paste.
Do I need to perform this fix?
Only if you are affected by any of the issues addressed in this fix, outlined above. Otherwise, no, you do not need to apply this fix.
Do I need to shut my clinic down for this fix?
No. This fix can be applied to a single workstation where required, or to all workstations one by one. Please ensure Clinical and Pracsoft are closed on the workstation when applying the fix.
Do I need to update my server first?
No. It is fine to have your server/s and workstation/s running Clinical 4.0 and 4.0a concurrently. They are all compatible.
If I am in South Australia, do I need the RTPM update?
No, not immediately. There is a 12 month phase-in period beginning in March 2021 to be RTPM compliant. MedicalDirector will have at least one more major release before then.
MBS & DVA Fee Updates
4 February, 2021
The latest Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) and Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) fee file is available to download.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I perform this update while people at the practice are working on Pracsoft?
A. Yes, you can do the upgrade at any time and it will not impact anyone currently working on Pracsoft. The upgrade will be applied automatically and instantly for all Pracsoft users.
Q. Do I have to apply this update on all my computers at the practice?
A. You only need to run this upgrade on one computer and this can be any machine in the practice, no need to do it on the server.
Q. How can I confirm the upgrade has worked?
A. You can check one of the updated item numbers against the new price values provided on www.mbsonline.gov.au and https://www.dva.gov.au/providers/fees-schedules.
Q. Will this upgrade overwrite my custom or health fund item numbers?
A. No, this will only update the fees in the MBS schedule that have been updated by Medicare, it will not alter any other custom or health fund fees you may have.
Any Fees Columns that have been generated by the surgery that include formulas will need to be recalculated.
Q: Will this update remove Deleted MBS Items?
A. No, deleted items have not been removed from the attached fee list for practices that require retrospective billing. Click to learn how to delete MBS fees
Q: Will this update change amended fee descriptions?
A. No, this update will not update amended fee descriptions. Click to learn how to modify MBS fees
If you have any questions or you experience any problems applying this update, please contact MedicalDirector Customer Care on 1300 300 161 or log an online enquiry.