Upgrade to the latest version of MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft
Ready to upgrade?
Select the version your practice is currently running to download the file you need to upgrade.
Prepare your practice to upgrade
What's new in
MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 4.1
- Scan barcodes on vaccine vials to auto-populate batch numbers and serial numbers in Clinical.
- Record and view immunisations serial numbers in the patient's record.
- When recording immunisations, the vaccinator’s location will now appear in brackets in the Vaccinator dropdown.
- Updated the IMM.OUT file that transfers immunisation information from MedicalDirector Clinical to third-party billing packages to include the new required fields for the Covid-19 Vaccine Rollout.
- Updated the Childhood Immunisation Schedule in line with the July 2020 changes.
- Updated MedicalDirector Password security policies for improved security of patient data.
- Users are now able to use their MyHealthRecord (NASH) Certificate for all three PKI certificate types.
- When sending an SMS from within a patient file a Progress Note entry is automatically recorded to indicate an SMS was sent.
- In line with new regulations the printing of the phrase “Free Text” has been replaced with “Custom Product” when printing prescriptions created from the Recipe section of Clinical.
- Mobile numbers in the electronic prescribing preview window now show with spaces for ease of readability.
- When prescribing drugs on the List of Excluded Medicinal Items (LEMI) list the “Include brand name on script” option is ticked and greyed out by default.
- When prescribing a product from the Recipe section of Clinical the “Brand Substitution Not Allowed” option will now be unavailable.
- The PBS Code will now print on all PBS/RPBS Authority scripts; this will facilitate pharmacy lodgement of their PBS Online claim and reduce queries from the pharmacy to the prescriber.
- The manage patient locks utility is now available to more users on workstations from within Clinical.
- To assist with setup requirements red asterisks have been added to several areas of the software to clearly denote which fields are mandatory.
- The location setup window now utilises a suburb search tool for ease of setup.
- In recall searches, the colour of inactive patients has been changed to a different shade of brown to assist with visibility.
- Two new appointment types have been added to the default appointment type list to support the Covid-19
- Vaccine rollout; “Covid-19 Vaccine 1” (Ctrl+1) and “Covid-19 Vaccine 2” (Ctrl+2).
- When viewing Immunisation claims, the Serial Number now displays as an additional column.
- Incentive items will no longer automatically apply to Covid Vaccine billing item numbers.
- Users are again able to create Next of Kin patients from the appointment book.