Upgrade to the latest version of Clinical & Pracsoft
This software upgrade is critically important, as from 1 February, 2021, a prescription that does not comply with Active Ingredient Prescribing legislation will not be valid for PBS/RPBS subsidy.
Take advantage of the latest features in MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 4.0
- ePrescribing and Active Ingredient Prescribing functionality is now available
- Create custom reports for your practice with new advanced search functionality in the patient search window
- Improve front desk inefficiencies by automatically verifying OPV and OVV while patients are being added to the Waiting Room
- Save paper by providing patients with an email with their invoice, receipt and reports from Pracsoft as PDF attachment
April 2021 Clinical Drug MDref Update
1 April, 2021
The April 2021 MDref drug database and content update for MedicalDirector Clinical is now available and current from 1 April 2021. The update is a fully rebuilt MDref drug database, CMI (Consumer Medicines Information), PI (Product Information) and updated MedicalDirector Clinical content.
We strongly recommend that you update your MDref database every month. Monthly PBS changes, including new items, Streamlined Authority changes and PBS pricing details, are included in the monthly MDref update. Without this data, you are at risk of creating invalid PBS scripts.
This update also includes the following:
- Updated Pathology List
- Capital Pathology
- Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology
- Southern Pathology
- Covid-19 MBS/DVA Fee update
- Several New Templates and Template Updates
- This MDref update can only be applied to MedicalDirector Clinical 3.12.1 (or above).
- The update is quite a large file, ensure you allocate sufficient time for this update.
MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 4.0a patch
25 January, 2021
- Enabled ScriptCheck SA for South Australian Sites.
- Fixed an issue that could cause MDref Explorer to fail to launch in certain situations.
- Appointment book highlighted cell colour changed to a lighter shade of purple for easier readability.
- After pasting a cut appointment in the appointment book the “Made by:” name now correctly reflects the name of the person who performed the cut/paste.
Do I need to perform this fix?
Only if you are affected by any of the issues addressed in this fix, outlined above. Otherwise, no, you do not need to apply this fix.
Do I need to shut my clinic down for this fix?
No. This fix can be applied to a single workstation where required, or to all workstations one by one. Please ensure Clinical and Pracsoft are closed on the workstation when applying the fix.
Do I need to update my server first?
No. It is fine to have your server/s and workstation/s running Clinical 4.0 and 4.0a concurrently. They are all compatible.
If I am in South Australia, do I need the RTPM update?
No, not immediately. There is a 12 month phase-in period beginning in March 2021 to be RTPM compliant. MedicalDirector will have at least one more major release before then.
Enabling ePrescribing in Clinical
Step 1: Initial Setup
Each practice must have an HPI-O (Healthcare Provider Identifier – Organisation) number, which must be entered in the associated field on the Practice tab in Clinical under the Tools menu.
The practice also requires that eRx Script Exchange is setup on the practice network.
Each registered practitioner must have an HPI-I (Healthcare Provider Identifier – Individual) number, which must be entered in the associated field within the Practitioner’s details.
Step 2: Software upgrade
MedicalDirector Insights 1.8.9 Update
MedicalDirector Insights 1.8.9 is now available for your practice to meet the latest Department of Health requirements for the January 2021 nKPI reporting period.
What do I need to do?
- Download and run the .exe file from this email, then follow the instructions as prompted for installation.
Once the new MedicalDirector Insights 1.8.9 version has been installed, you will need to generate a new Ad-hoc collection before you run your nKPI reports.
- Navigate to Reporting, and then click nKPI’s. Please review the output of the report and record any unexpected results.
- Submit your nKPI report to the Health Data portal.
- Log into the health data portal
- Locate your new nKPI submission and review the results.
MedicalDirector Insights 1.8.6 Update
MedicalDirector Insights 1.8.6 is now available for your practice to meet the latest Department of Health changes based on specifications documents and data extract file requirements released on the 28th August 2020.
What do I need to do?
- Download and run the .exe file, then follow the instructions as prompted for installation.
- Once the new MedicalDirector Insights 1.8.6 version has been installed, you must generate a new up-to-date Ad-hoc collection.
- Navigate to Reporting, and then click PIP QI. Please review the output of the report and record any unexpected results.
- Submit your PIP QI report to your local PHN.
- Log into the PHN PIP QI portal to upload the PIP QI JSON file.