MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 3.18 Update
MedicalDirector is pleased to provide your practice with the new MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 3.18 update, which will provide you with the latest features and functionality to enhance performance, give you the ability to reprint lost pathology requests, keep your practice up to date with the latest National Immunisation Program (NIP) Childhood Schedule.
Key Benefits of the new MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft 3.18
- Enhanced performance– Reduce the time taken when opening a patient file by up to 2 seconds per patient, which equates to a 28%* performance improvement.
- Reprint Pathology Requests– Providing the convenience and ability to reuse or reprint pathology requests with one simple click.
- Switch seamlessly between Clinical and Pracsoft/Bluechip – Experience single sign-on from Clinical to Pracsoft/Bluechip.
- Updated National Immunisation Program (NIP) childhood schedule– Enable you to administer the right immunisations at the right time, to provide the best possible protection for your patients.
- New Online Directory Search facility available via Address book – Provides you access to an extensive and up to date real time national database of healthcare providers powered by HealthLink.
- High-risk medication alerts with SafeScript– Safecsript alerts provide you with detailed information of patients on high risk prescription medicine, during the normal prescribing workflow. SafeScript is part of the new initiative by the Victorian Government on Real-Time Prescribing Monitoring (RTPM) legislation, which will facilitate the early identification, treatment and support for patients who are developing signs of dependence. SafeScript is currently only available for practices in Victoria.
*Based on readings for different versions taken from same the workstation. 1 Server connected to 3 workstations. Data was read from one workstation only. Server: 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM | Workstation: 3.6 GHz, 4 GB RAM
- Visual Update for Desktop Icons – MedicalDirector Clinical & Pracsoft now reflects our new branding with a visual update to our Clinical tools and in application logo’s.
September 2019 MDref Update
MedicalDirector is pleased to announce the release of the September 2019 MDref drug database and content update for MedicalDirector Clinical. This is in line with our commitment to provide monthly drug database updates to subscribers.
The following MDref is current from 1st September 2019, and is a incremental update that builds on the most recent full build of MDref (August 2019).
MedicalDirector strongly recommends that you update your MDref database every month. Monthly PBS changes, including new items, Streamlined Authority changes and PBS pricing details, are included in the monthly MDref update. Without this data you are at risk of creating invalid PBS scripts.
This update also includes the following templates:
- Updated Letter Writer templates
- Centrelink Medical Certificate
- This incremental update can only be applied over the following MDref releases:
- August 2019
August 2019 MDref Update
We are pleased to announce the release of the August 2019 MDref drug database and content update for MedicalDirector Clinical. This is in line with our commitment to provide monthly drug database updates to subscribers. MedicalDirector strongly recommends that you update your MDref database every month. Monthly PBS changes, including new items, Streamlined Authority changes and PBS pricing details, are included in the monthly MDref update. Without this data you are at risk of creating invalid PBS scripts.
Current from the 1st of August 2019, this update includes a fully rebuilt MDref drug database, full CMI (Consumer Medicines Information), PI (Product Information), and updated clinical content.
This update also includes the following:
- Updated Letter Writer templates
- QLD – DoH – Request for Chief Executive
- Referral Form – Mater Hill Gastroenterology
- Referral Form – Colonoscopy Clinical Care
- Updated Travel Medicine
- Updated pathology tests
- Pathology test lists for Sonic Pathology Australia are updated.
- Updated July’2019 MBS and DVA fees
- You MUST have MedicalDirector Clinical 3.12.1 (or above) installed as a pre-requisite for this MDref update. This MDref update can only be applied to MedicalDirector Clinical 3.12.1 (or above).
- This update is quite a large file, ensure you allocate sufficient time for this update.
MedicalDirector Insights 1.8.2 Update
MedicalDirector is excited to announce that MedicalDirector Insights 1.8.2 is now available for your practice, for the 1st of August 2019 PIP QI Reporting.
What’s new in this release:
This release contains a number of changes related to the PIP QI Reporting.
What do I need to do?
- Download and run the .exe file, then follow the instructions as prompted for installation.
- Once the new MedicalDirector Insights version has been installed, you can generate a new Ad-hoc collection, preferability out of hours.
- Navigate to Reporting, and then click PIP QI Reporting.