New Medicare Bulk Bill Incentives
From 1 November 2023 higher bulk billing incentives for Commonwealth concession card holders and patients aged under 16 years of age will be introduced and may be co-claimed with the specific consultation items. Please see the MBS Online Fact Sheet for Bulk Billing in General Practice here for further information.
The new MBS Item numbers that are being released on 1 November to support the triple incentive items are included in the November MBS Fee Update.
Please Note: Our team is actively working on a way to streamline this process which we expect to have available 2 November 2023. In the meantime manual replacement of the automatically populated incentive item to the new correct item will need to be done to ensure the correct rebate is collected.
It is not currently possible to automatically add the relevant incentives to only the applicable MBS items 91801, 91802 and 91920 Video Telehealth, and the 91900 and 91910 Phone Telehealth items as this incentive is reliant on the patient being registered at their practice through MyMedicare. At this stage, a patient’s MyMedicare registration is not able to be stored within Pracsoft and therefore unable to be verified as part of this billing workflow. Software Vendors, the MSIA and Services Australia are working together to make this possible in the future.
To add the new incentive item numbers for eligible patients requires 3 steps detailed below:
- Apply the November Fee Update
- Enable Incentives for the relevant item numbers
- Recording the Visit
Enable Incentives for the item numbers:
- Open Pracsoft
- Select Admin > Fees
- Click Find
- Enter the item number you wish to allocate incentives for (eg 91910) and press ok
- Tick ‘Incentive Eligible’
Recording the visit:
- Record your visit as usual adding the required item number
- An incentive item will pre-populate based on your Incentive Payments setting in Practitioner Details
- If the pre-populated incentive item is incorrect for this item number/patient Untick Apply incentive
- Add the correct incentive item based on the latest MBS Changes and patient MyMedicare registration status, please see the MBS Online Fact Sheet for Bulk Billing in General Practice here for further information.
- Complete the recording of the visit as usual