eRx Script Exchange
Secure transmission of prescription and dispensing data between doctors and pharmacists
Over 22,500 doctors are using eRx Script Exchange every day, contributing to an improved use of medicines and a reduction in the number of adverse medication events.
eRx Script Exchange allows clinicians to prescribe and send prescription information electronically through MedicalDirector Clinical, to the secure exchange where a pharmacist can retrieve the eScript.
eRx improves patient safety and takes less than a minute to set up for each doctor. Australia’s first and largest Prescriptions Exchange Service, eRx is designed and built for doctors, pharmacists and patients.
- Improved quality and safety of medication provision
- Reduction in potential errors in transcription and/or interpretation
- Does not support the “scraping” of data from any clinical systems
- No change to prescribing workflow
- eRx is free- no set up or subscription fees
- Endorsed by professional bodies such as RACGP and AAPM
- Meets requirement 4 of ePIP