Ensure Telehealth is enabled in Pracsoft. It is enabled by default after installing Pracsoft 3.19 or later.
Select Setup > Global Settings > Patient tab. Tick the Enable Teleheatlh check box.
From within the Appointments module, select Setup > Appointment Types. Scroll to the bottom of the list of Appointment Types. See also: Appointment Types
Telehealth (Ctrl + J)
Phone Consult (Ctrl + Q)
1. Schedule an appointment as normal.
2. Make the appointment type 'Telehealth'. The following prompt appears.
You can change the contact method if desired.
3. Click to proceed.
4. You will be prompted to log in.
o You will only have to log in once per session in Pracsoft.
o If this is the first time you have seen this prompt, please Sign Up by entering your email address and creating a password.
5. If you elected to send the video link via SMS or email, you will be prompted when the Telehealth video link has been sent to the patient. If you elected to copy the URL and send it manually, continue now to Step 6.
6. If you elected to copy the URL and send it manually, click to copy the URL to your Windows clipboard.
o You can always copy the URL later from the appointment detail window. Right-click the appointment, and select Full Detail.
You can move Telehealth appointments just like normal appointments.
o If you wish to Copy (copy-paste) a Telehealth appointment, you will be prompted to create a new Telehealth appointment upon pasting into the new time slot.
If you wish to Move (cut-paste) a Telehealth appointment, or Delete a Telehealth appointment, you must first delete the Telehealth Consult component of the appointment. Follow the instructions below.
1. Right-click the appointment, and select Full Detail.
2. The Appointment Detail window appears.
3. Locate the Telehealth Consult section and click
4. You will be prompted when the Telehealth Consult has been deleted successfully.
From within the Appointment Book, select View > Legend. Scroll to the bottom of the list of Appointment Types. See also: Appointment Book Legend