Before you can select a practitioner to schedule appointments for, you must first add them to the Appointments module - Pracsoft does not automatically populate the Appointments module with practitioners from your Pracsoft database.
There are two methods for adding practitioners to the Appointments module;
o By manually adding a practitioner to the list of practitioners available to the Appointments module - explained below.
o By synchronising the Appointments module with the Pracsoft database.
This method copies all registered practitioners from the Pracsoft database to the list of practitioners available to the Appointments module. This method ensures that any practitioners you had added to the Appointments module manually will be synchronised with (associated with) those in your MedicalDirector Pracsoft database. Note that the synchronisation is one-way; practitioners are copied from Pracsoft to the Appointments module, but not vice-versa.
Important Note: If you manually create a practitioner (method 1) and do not synchronise them with Pracsoft, and Pracsoft cannot automatically find a matching practitioner in the Pracsoft database (which it will attempt to do), patients you appoint these practitioners may not be visible in the Waiting Room. Therefore, it is highly recommended that if you create a practitioner manually, and if you wish to use them within Pracsoft itself (not just the Appointment module) you also add them to Pracsoft, and then perform a synchronisation.
1. Open the Appointments module by either;
o Selecting Waiting Room > Appointment Book.
2. Select Setup > Practitioners. The Practitioner Details window appears.
3. Click If there are any registered practitioners in MedicalDirector Pracsoft that are not currently available to the Appointments module, you will be prompted to add them, as shown below.
4. You will be returned to the Practitioner Details window, where you will now be able to see all the new practitioners you brought over from MedicalDirector Pracsoft to the Appointments module.
5. To ensure these practitioners are visible to the Appointment Book, tick the Use check box.
6. Click to close this window.