You can indicate that a patient has been referred to the practice by a specific Practitioner. This information can either be added at the time you record a visit, or via the patient's record.
Adding Referral Details via the Patient Details Window:
1. From the Waiting Room either;
o Locate and right-click on a patient entry and select View Patient from the menu that appears, or
o Select Patient > Search Patient to select a patient's record.
3. The Referral Details window appears.
4. Select the type of referral from the associated drop-down list.
5. Enter the name of the referring practitioner into the associated text box. If you are unsure of the referring practitioner's name, click to search for them.
6. Enter the date the referral request was made via the Request Date calendar tool. The default date is that the visit is recorded.
7. Enter the referral period. The associated expiry date will automatically update to reflect modifications to either the Request Date or Referral Period fields.
8. (Optional) Enter a reason for the referral.
9. (Optional) Indicate if a report for this referral was issued.
10. Click to confirm the information and close the window.