To Reschedule an Appointment:
1. Open the Appointment module by either;
o Selecting Waiting Room > Appointment Book.
2. If you have multiple Appointment Books in use, select the Appointment Book you wish to use via the associated drop-down list.
3. Select the practitioner for whom you wish to reschedule an appointment, using the associated drop-down list. The image above indicates that the appointment schedule for Dr. A Practitioner is currently selected.
4. Select the appointment to reschedule.
5. Then either;
o Select Edit > Cut or
o Press CTRL+INS.
This action removes the appointment from the Appointment Book, holding the appointment data in memory, ready for you to paste it to another appointment slot.
6. (Optional) The Delete Appointment window may appear, prompting your for a reason for the appointment deletion. Recall that to reschedule an appointment, Pracsoft requires that the appointment is deleted first, and then reinstated. Whenever you delete an appointment, you must record a reason.
In the Reason for Deletion text box towards the bottom of this window, enter a reason. In this case you might enter 'Patient needed to reschedule', for example. Note that for convenience, you can simply press F6 to enter the text 'Patient Changed Appointment'.
Click to confirm the deleting (cutting) of this appointment.
Note that this prompt can be disabled via Appointment Book Options.
7. Locate an available appointment slot, and either;
o Select Edit > Paste or
o Press SHIFT+INS.
This pastes the appointment into the new appointment slot.