Correspondence > Cytology Request (via the Clinical Window)
1. Ensure you have configured Clinical for using eOrders.
2. Ensure you are viewing the patient's record.
3. Then either;
o Select Correspondence > Cytology Request
The Cytology eOrders Request window appears.
4. The Cytology section will be selected for you. Place a tick against each observation made, that you wish to inform the laboratory of.
5. Perform any of the following optional steps:
To add information from the patient's
Progress Notes for
the current consultation, locate the Clinical
Notes section, and click
Notes window appears, displaying any notes you have recorded
for this patient, for the current consultation.
Highlight any notes you wish to add
to the eOrder.
Click . The selected
notes will be copied to the Clinical
Notes section on the eOrders window.
Locate these details at the right-hand side
of the eOrders window, placing a tick against any that are relevant.
If you choose the 'Pregnant' option, you must
also record the LMP and EDC dates. Note that if the patient already has
a current pregnancy recorded,
these details will be displayed by default.
Note that medications you elect to display here will be sent electronically to the laboratory, but will not be printed on the patient's request order form that you hand to them.
the Current Rx section at the
right-hand side of the eOrders window.
. If this button
is unavailable, it is because the patient does not have any current
medications. The Current Rx section becomes populated with
all of the current medications for this patient. You can remove any you
don't wish to display.
the Copy To Doctor section at
the right-hand side of the eOrders window.
2. Click . The Search Copy to Doctors window appears.
o Select an Address Book.
o Enter the name of the recipient. As you type, a list of related names is generated.
a tick against any name in the list to select this person as a recipient.
3. (Optional) Click to add details of a recipient who is not already in your address book(s). Note that any recipients you add here will not be added to the Address Book itself.
Copy To Doctors section is now
populated with recipients. You can edit this if desired.
5. Once you have finished adding doctors, click to close the Search Copy to Doctors window.
(continuing from Step 5 above)
any of the following options:
the date of the request. The default is the current date.
. You will be reminded to place pathology request
paper in the printer. Remember, although
eOrders are sent electronically, you still need to print a copy for you
will be presented with an order number.
10. Click Close at the lower-right of the Cytology eOrders Request window. This concludes the process for placing an eOrder. You can monitor the status of this order.