Before importing and managing Investigations Results, ensure that MedicalDirector Clinical has been configured correctly for each of your providers, if necessary.
Pathology Results Notification (video)
This topic refers specifically to managing new Investigations Results that have been received by the surgery in electronic form.
The basic process for managing new results is as follows:
1. From the Clinical front screen, select Correspondence > Check Holding File. See The Holding File for more information.
2. Within the Holding File examine each result.
3. Make a notation against each result. A result cannot be saved to a patient's record until a notation as been recorded.
4. Determine if you want to record a Recall notification for the patient in question.
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 until you all results have been attended to. You can always suspend your examinations, and return to the Holding File at later time to continue.
6. Examine the Outstanding Requests list (a list of current requests) to determine which requests can now be deleted, and which are still awaiting results.
The Basic rules Clinical follows for interpreting incoming results are:
o If the HL7/PIT file contains the test names, 'Letter', 'Summary', 'Correspondence' (or it is left blank) the result is classified as correspondence and will be stored in Letters tab.
o If the HL7/PIT file contains the test name, 'Discharge Summary' it will be stored using the RSD options within MedicalDirector Clinical.
o If the file is HL7 and contains an RSD segment (indicating a correspondence file), it will be stored based on the RSD options within Clinical.
o All other incoming HL7 or PIT messages will be stored in the Results tab.