A write-off is used when an invoice has been issued with the expectation that the debt will be paid in full, but where circumstances have led the practice to the conclusion that the debt will never be paid. For example if the patient has passed away.
Bluechip automatically distinguishes between 'bad debt' write-offs (due to bad payers) and 'claim' write-offs (due to errors in claiming e.g. write-offs recorded in Medicare Online claiming, IMC Claiming, Manual Batched invoice payments).
1. Open the Patient's Record.
2. Select Accounts from the Margin Menu.
3. Select the account you want to record a write-off for.
4. Click The Account window appears.
5. Select the invoice to be written off.
6. Click The Write Off window appears.
7. Enter a reason why you are writing off the invoice.
8. Indicate the amount you wish to write off by either;
o Writing-off the total amount by ticking the check box in the Write Off field, or
o Enter the amount you wish to write off in the Write Off field.
9. Click The details are saved and Bluechip returns to the Account window.
The Invoice window provides a write-off column that displays the writen-off amount.
All write-offs are reflected on the Write-Offs history tab.