o Ensure you have your MedicalDirector Customer Number, Serial Number, and Practice Name as recorded with MedicalDirector. If you are unsure of these, please consult your Practice Manager or contact MedicalDirector Customer Care for assistance.
o Ensure that Bluechip is not running on any other computer.
1. Within Bluechip select BC Tools > Utilities > BC Secure.
2. You will be prompted that Bluechip must be closed to proceed. Click to confirm. Bluechip will close and the BC Secure Login prompt will appear.
3. Enter your BC Secure User Name and Password, and then click to continue. BC Secure will open.
4. Ensure you are viewing the Practice settings (select the Practice menu option if necessary - it is the default).
5. Click The Update Bluechip Registration window appears.
6. Remove the last alphanumeric character from the HCN Customer number, and then immediately re-add it to force a red * at the end of the box. Do the same to the Serial Number and Practice Name. Once the red * appears, enter the new registration key.
7. Click to verify the information you have entered.
8. (Optional) If the new registration allows for fewer Practitioners/Tenants than that you currently have recorded in Bluechip, you will be prompted to deactivate one or more user registrations.
9. Upon successful verification, the window will update accordingly.
10. Click to save your new registration information. You will be prompted of a successful registration.
11. Click You will be returned to BC Secure. This concludes the steps necessary for updating your Bluechip Registration Key.