2. Open the patient record for whom you wish to compose a letter.
3. In the Patient Explorer, select the Correspondence menu item. The Patient Documents window appears.
4. Click The New Document window appears.
o Select a template to base the letter on.
o Select an Associate Account if required. The Associated Account drop-down box contains the accounts associated with this patient's record. If no accounts have been created for this patient, the field is disabled. By selecting an account to associate the letter with, practitioners will find the letter more easily when they go to review letters before printing.
o The Document title field will automatically display a contraction of the template name. For example, Letter to Solicitor will display the patient's name and the template contraction Sol Let.
o Enable the Practitioner Review check box if you wish to have the letter reviewed by the Associated Account Practitioner, before it is saved. The Practitioner Review check box is only available if you have chosen an Associated Account.
5. Click to commence your letter. Bluechip will open Microsoft Word for you and load your selected letterhead, ready for you to type your letter.
6. Upon completing your letter, exit Microsoft Word. Your letter will be saved to Bluechip, and appear in the Correspondence list in the Patient Explorer with other letters for the patient.