Setup > Practitioner > Practitioner Details > General Tab
The General tab of Practitioner Setup allows you to select a default class for new accounts and allows the practitioner to select the default authorisation method (Location Certificate or i-Key) to be used each time an online claim is authorised. This default authorisation method can be overridden at the time of claim authorisation.
1. Select Setup > Practitioner > Practitioner Details. The Practitioner Setup window appears.
the General tab,
as shown in the following image.
3. Select the default class for new accounts via the associated drop-down list.
4. Select the default authorisation method for online claims via the associated drop-down list.
5. Indicate the Service Type categories that this practitioner is associated with.
o By default
it is assumed that all practitioners are 'specialists'. Tick or un-tick
this service type at your discretion.
Note that in versions of Bluechip prior to 2.9, an option called 'Never Use a Referring Doctor' (available on the General tab of Practice Options) was available. This check box has since been removed. If prior to 2.9 you had this check box un-ticked, upon installing 2.9 all practitioner records will now be flagged as 'Specialists' i.e. the Specialist check box will be ticked automatically for you.
If however you had previously ticked the 'Never Use a Referring Doctor' check box, upon installing 2.9 all practitioner records will now be flagged as 'General Practitioners' i.e. the General Services check box will be ticked automatically for you, and the Specialist check box will be un-ticked.
o Indicate what other service types the practitioner offers by ticking one or more of the supplied check boxes.
o By ticking the Pathology Services check box you can bill/claim pathology services for using Medicare Australia DVA Streamlined claims. See Service Details (Managing) and Invoicing for Pathology for more information.
6. Click to confirm your settings and close the Practitioner Setup window.