The following information outlines basic instructions for configuring all computers running Pracsoft or Bluechip that use the Microsoft ISA Proxy Server to access the Internet. This information is intended for IT professionals with knowledge of how the Microsoft ISA Proxy Server has been configured.
The following steps are required to setup online claiming for sites that have an ISA Internet Proxy Server:
1. Logon as an ‘Administrator’ to a computer that uses the Proxy Server to access the Internet, and ensure Pracsoft/Bluechip is closed.
2. Confirm the correct version of Java is installed:
o For Pracsoft 3.16 or earlier, or Bluechip 2.11 or earlier = Java 6 update 13
o For other versions of Pracsoft/Bluechip = Java 6 update 26
3. Right-click on My Computer. From the menu that appears, select Properties, and then the Advanced tab.
4. Click the Environment Variables button.
5. Edit the System Variable ‘HICOL_LIB_PATH’ to the following:
o Variable name: HICOL_LIB_PATH
o Variable value 32bit: C:\Program Files\HIC\PS\HIConline\lib
o Variable value 64bit: C:\Program Files(x86)\HIC\PS\HIConline\lib
6. Open Pracsoft/Bluechip and check that online claiming functions correctly. If it does not, continue to the next step.
7. If you received error ‘3030 - HTTP client error’ when attempting to use online claiming check the following:
Open Internet Options from the Windows Control Panel.
Select the Connections tab.
Click the LAN Settings button.
Make a note of the proxy address and port number from the proxy server section, or refer to the Automatic Configuration Script for the details if appropriate.
8. Right-click on My Computer, and from the menu that appears, select Properties, and then the Advanced tab.
9. Click the Environment Variables button.
10. Under the System Variables section, click the New button.
11. Add the following information. Note this is case sensitive.
o Variable name: EASY_PARM3
o Variable value: -Dhttp.proxyHost=<webproxy> (where <webproxy> is the name of the Proxy Server noted earlier).
12. Click the OK button to confirm.
13. Create another System Variable with the following information:
o Variable name: EASY_PARM4
o Variable value: -Dhttp.proxyPort=<proxyport> (where <webproxy> is the port of the Proxy server noted earlier).
14. Click the OK button to confirm.
15. Create another System Variable with the following information:
o Variable name: EASY_PARM5
o Variable value 32bit: Dlog4j.configuration=file:///C:/Program Files/HIC/HICOnline/lib/log4j.properties
o Variable value 62bit: Dlog4j.configuration=file:///C:/Program Files(x86)/HIC/HICOnline/lib/log4j.properties
16. Click the OK button to confirm.
17. Restart Pracsoft/Bluechip and test online claiming to ensure it is functioning correctly.
If you are still experiencing installation setup problems regarding the Proxy setup for Pracsoft/Bluechip please contact MedicalDirector Customer Care for further assistance.