The following outlines the process for restoring (or ‘attaching’) a customer’s Bluechip Database, giving them the ability to log into either the Bluechip Demonstration database or their Live database.
Please contact your System Administrator if you need assistance with the following:
o Ensure you have logged into Windows with local Administrative privileges.
o Ensure you have installed Bluechip on the Server computer.
o If you are using Full SQL 2005 or 2008, you will need to download the required SQL Studio Management Tools from the Microsoft web site.
You will need to be on the Server computer. The 2005 SQL Studio Management installation file is installed with a default Bluechip installation, and can be found in the following location:
o C:\Program Files\Health Communication Network\Bluechip\Tools\
o On the Bluechip CD, browse to \Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express\ SQLServer2005_SSMSEE.msi
There are two versions (32-bit and 64-bit) of 2005 SQL Studio Management Studio Express. These are for 2005 SQL installations only - if you are using SQL 2008 please refer to Before You Begin, above.
o 32 bit - SQLServer2005_SSMSEE.msi
o 64 bit - SQL Server2005)SSMSEE_x64msi
1. Browse to the location of the your Bluechip Database
2. Copy (do not ‘cut’) the Bluechip Database
3. Paste the Bluechip Database either of the following locations:
o For 32-bit - C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\
o For 64-bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\
4. Start SQL Server Management Studio.
5. From the Windows Start menu, select All Programs. Within the list of programs, locate Microsoft SQL Server and then locate and click SQL Server Management Studio.
6. Once SQL Server Management Studio has opened, you will be presented with a Connect to Server window. Check the following is correct then click Connect.
o Server Type: Database Engine.
o Server name: Server Name/HCNSQL07
7. You will be presented with the Object Explorer screen.
8. Click on the + to expand the databases.
9. Right-click Databases, and select Attach.
10. Click Add on the Attach Databases window
11. The Locate Database File window will be presented. Select the Bluechip database.
12. Click OK.
13. You will be presented with the Attach Database window. Click OK.
The Bluechip Database is now restored.
To switch between the Demonstration database and the customer’s Live database, follow the instructions below:
1. Browse to the following location
o XP - C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Documents\Health Communication Network\Bluechip\BlueData
o Win 7/2008/2011 - C:\Users\Public\Health Communication Network\Bluechip\BlueData
2. Locate and copy the entire BCDemo folder.
3. Paste the BCDemo folder into the same location.
o Rename the copied BCDemo database to the customer’s database name.
1. Locate and open the database.inf file
2. Highlight and copy all text between and including the lines [BCDemo] and DBSQLDatabseImport=none
3. Create space at the end of the file by pressing enter
4. Right click and Paste
5. Change all references of BCDemo in the copied data to the Customers Database name (as shown in bold below)
6. Save the changes
[Customers Database Name]
DBSQLDatabasePractice=Customers Database Name
Now when Bluechip is started, both the demonstration database and the customer database will be available for use.